If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

07 December 2005

Chiave-palooza


Chiave (pronounced kee-ah-vay) is the Italian word for key. I *think* in Italian this would be (not that any Italian in their right mind would ever say this, but:) a veritable "festa degli chiavi" (the party of the keys), or, to americanize it a bit ... a 'Chiavepalooza'.

Thirty. Count 'em. Keys to my house. Crazy. And I use about 10-12 of them on a pretty regular basis. My favorites are the two big old ones, though. They barely fit in a pocket. (Hmmmm, is that a big ole' skeleton key in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?) Perhaps they're my favorite because they're super-swanky-'everything old is new again' cool, and perhaps it's because one opens the wine cellar. You make the call.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gia-Gina said...

This is really funny, we have 6 keys to pur apartment,which includes the cantina, garage, mailbox etc.. But this is most I have seen in a long time.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home