If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

01 June 2005

lest I forget to say 'thank you'...

It's one fifteen in the morning here, and I was up waaaaaaay too early this morning, so have got to hit the hay (swatting three or four helicopter-sized zanzare - skeeters - enroute to the bed). But it just hit me as I was closing up the house, here in the VERY quiet of the night: I don't feel alone here, because of you.

By 'you,' I mean, yaknow, YOU. Those of you who are actually checking in here at my little corner of the internet on a somewhat regular basis, posting comments, and sending me notes. I'm overwhelmed. I love the comments. Some of you are still 'anonymous' - others have adopted your own blog names (or have 'sucked up' the one I gave you). To you all -- chickie, unassuming princess, beatrice, The Mom, stillunnamed sorella, diva di giardina, green gazelle, lastminutecancellation, n. winkust, virginblogger, bicyclebuiltfortwo, and all you 'lurkers' but not posters ... those of you who forward this to your friends, or who tell the story of the slightly crazy girl in Tuscany at a dinner party: thanks for, well, just being there, and being my (also slightly crazy) friends.

Maybe it's a little bit the two glasses of wine talking (easy, now, I moved to the country, didn't lose my legendary tolerance!)... but

- caution: slight moment of introspection, hold the mushy stuff -
I know I'd be writing anyway, though it means infinitely more knowing that it is actually read. (Tree falling in the woods, etc., etc.) You're there to hear me, and I love you for it. (yes, Blossom, this means you. Get on it, you've got a lot of stories to catch up on!)

And, with that: Goodnight, MaryEllen. (and you're all supposed to say... anyone?? anyone???... as the farmhouse goes to sleep for the night? come on, now... don'tcha have Nick at Night?!)

Goodnight, JohnBoy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

again you amaze and anmuse me! even from afar, you are touching peoples lives...and I'll admit, I did talk about 'you' at a recent cocktail party...partly because this is my 'first' blog experience but mainly because you are doing what you want and capturing the 'big' and 'little' moments in cyberspace so you can always remember!!! I'm hooked...I check regularly!!!
virgin blogger :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock...you "chickie want-to-be" with that message. I am also enjoying a bit of a late night with a great glass of your new favorite wine...it is bold and flavorful, yet mellows with time (just like the real thing!!). SMILE!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check it every morning to visit you. Mainly because your familar "voice" makes me smile.
Unassuming Princess

5:04 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

Hey, gang... The Chickie, the Virgin, and the Princess - you make a great trio! I actually think the three of you do all know each other "IRL" (in real life) ... but here in Blogland, thanks for being my true devotees. You're the best. --K.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my slient sleeping Italian Princess...OF COURSE, I'm reading your silly blog, if only I could remember what I read.

Miss you more than I can blog,

Kisses and tears,

BlossomBB

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home