If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

04 August 2006

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

2 hours 'til I'm back on that plane, Italy-bound.

It's been a completely surreal seven weeks. The words of that John Denver song echo in my brain. (I'm leavin' on a jet plane: don't know when I'll be back again ... oh, babe, I hate to go ... So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me ... hold me like you'll never let me go...)

I have been surrounded with some of the very best people in the world during my travels, the list is too long to detail, but you know who you are. I don't say it often enough (so listen up!), but I am incredibly lucky to have such amazing, supportive friends scattered across the country. Despite my general unpredictability coupled with cranky weary traveler-ness, you all not only opened your homes and your lives, but poured me a cocktail, lent an ear, and reminded me how much I miss our deep, meaningful connections when I am away. I am undeserving and humbled by it, but unspeakably greatful for your friendship, hospitality, shoulder-to-lean-on, quiet non-judgemental listening, no-matter-what-happensness, and unwavering support. Love you. Mean it.

Speaking of gratitude, I met up with my blogdaddy, The Sean Show, a few nights ago for cocktails and commiseration. His new tattoo says "Gratitude", and it just ... spoke to me. I love how if we just sit still at the right moments, life gives us exactly what we need. We just have to have the courage to take it, and be appreciative of it.

And sitting here in the Crown Room, I'll drink to that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know that you are on your way home. I've thought of you so much these last few days and not knowing exactly when you'd be Italy-bound, was hoping that it would be soon, for your sake.

And, funny, you saw countless people while you were state-side and this post made me think you wrote it specifically for me. How talented you are. Looking forward to hearing from you when you have a moment to take a deep breath.
-JillyBean

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you so much it aches a little. I am so very, very flattered that you consider me your BlogDaddy. Your writing so eclipses me, and that makes me equally flattered and humbled.

I could use the humbling.

Thanks for being around when I needed you, baby girl. Hope I was able to offer you the love and support you needed.

I don't deserve such a beautiful, talented friend in my life, but I'm crazy grateful you're here. Even if you're an ocean away, you're here in my heart. I suppose that's more important anyhow.

Love you huge, baby girl.

-S!


http://theseanshow.net

7:48 AM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

M, JillyBean, S!: hey there! Thanks for noticing, for appreciating, and for ... knowing how much you each mean to me, in your own ways. And to the rest of you, who saw yourselves in that last post but didn't quite have the courage to comment, I hope that you know that I *did* mean you, too.

Yes, you. YOU. I am truly blessed to know you. That's a word I tend to think is overused in the world, like when the slightly crazy gal at BurgerKing with too many letters in her name tells me to "have a blessed day" in appreciation for buying my combo meal.

But in this context, it's just right.

It's nice to be back, and it's nice to know you're still here. -V.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Generic tenuate prescription information Diethylpropion phentermine

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home