If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

05 June 2006

I'm clearly losing my edge

I cannot believe that I am about to post this. I debated not doing it, because it has bugger-all* to do with living in Italy, or really anything else remotely relevant to my life or any of yours. But I'm going to because I'm playing around with new blog technology (well, okay, new for not-tech-friendly ME which means it's probably already the internet version of the 8-track!!), and part of me wants to see if I can actually embed this link. Plus, I wanted to confirm for those of you wondering that the acerbically witted, sharp-edged, corporate power-suited gal with heart of steel that I resembled once upon a time has clearly been shot all to hell. Maybe it's the seclusion. Or the copious amounts of wine. Or all this fresh air.

But I'll be a monkey's uncle* if this isn't one of the cutest darn things I've ever seen (for those of you even less techie than even me, you need to click on the PLAY button):



Hat tip to Michelle Collins, who occasionally has some laugh-out-loud funny stuff ... if she is only a slight tinge strangely too obsessed with baby animals and small children in formalwear, IMHO.

And I do just have to say, I don't care how f***ing cute that kitten is. He's not jumping all over my MacBookPro Blu. I alternately cringed and cooed through the whole thing.

*Damn! British slang, cute kitten video and vaguely incomprehensible hick colloquialism in the same post. There's gotta be a pharmaceutical treatment for this condition.

4 Comments:

Blogger Viaggiatore said...

M: I live to serve. Kitten fix you shall have!

113?!~?~~?! ("but it's a dry heat"!) Crikeys.

The Tuscan Sun seems to be on a bit of an extended holiday for the moment ... I saw people wearing quilted down jackets at an event on Saturday, fireplaces are still regularly lit, and I'm still sleeping under - count 'em - TWO down comforters at night. I know, I know, come August I'll be pining away for this weather. Newsflash: you just can't make me happy! :P

2:10 PM  
Blogger RockerMom said...

You know I can't let this one go. HILARIOUS!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post really did rock. I can't stop laughing!

I'm Just A Girl

8:32 PM  
Blogger RockerMom said...

Sample post from N.Winkust

I'm Just A Girl

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home