If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

10 August 2006

Veeeeery interesting...

In response to my "Lets Make a Deal" post, I have received offers to trade a month in Tuscan paradise for everything ranging from a blue paper clip and undying gratitude, to an innovative "gift basket of goodies" including Larry McMurtry's phone number coupled with (my favorite) Moleskine notebooks and an orange fountain pen, in a Victorian house in the NC hills.

In related news, an email was received from someone claiming to be "THAT guy" with an offer to carry my luggage during that trip to Saskatchewan. Interesting! Is this an application?!? Golly, I'll bite. Would he let me drive? Would he put other restrictions on the trip? And if he IS "THAT guy", is he really too shy to comment publicly? (I mean, wouldn't he like to get to know all of you, too?)

Hmmmmmmmm! I do love me some audience participation.

Just for kicks, let's keep the bidding on that month in Tuscany open for a while ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Elle Starr said...

I think you will LURVE this one, and it will work out well for both of us: I come to Italy with all my 4 kids. You take care of my kids for a month and I do all the gardening and yard work I can squeeze in. I consider this an awesome way to spend a vacation, you get to spend time with too many kids and will then know that while you're sad about not having MR. Right and a family maybe it's a good thing, AND you get an astonishing amount of free labor. This is also a stellar idea because it involves no dying friends and no open water swimming! See, totally win/win.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that Ellestarr will decide to come to NC instead so her kids can babysit my kids, she can do my gardening, and *I'll* come to Italy with Moleskine notebooks and an orange fountain pen. I'll also carry your luggage and my friend Rosemary will mend your bras.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

Ladies: I think we've stumbled onto a delicious idea. Viaggiatore's Cultural Exchange Camp for Wayward Youth and Their Super Cool Moms.

(By application only, of course...!)

My limonaia (read: fancy greenhouse) can easily become a bunkhouse for 6.
I'm sure that the bartender down the street, who speaks not a word of english, would be happy to make a few extra bucks shepherding a brood of American kids for a month. Bring them during Olive Harvest, they all might learn something.

Alternately, can't we train Dog Blue to dial 911 in the case of an emergency and lock everyone's kids in that house in NC while you two - and Rosemary the bra-mender, of course -- come to visit me here? That sounds like a *much* better plan. I'd rather hang out with cool people than have an orange fountain pen any day, which is saying a lot because I am now having daydreams about orange fountain pens.

Huh? Huh? Puhleeeeeeeze, can we??? Like a grown up slumber party and sleepaway camp all rolled into one.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids in NC with Blue, me and Rosemary and any other cool moms we can think of in Tuscany with the bartender and olives. Hell, I'll throw in an orange fountain pen and some Tweezerman tweezers. I'm there.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids in NC with Blue, me and Rosemary and any other cool moms we can think of in Tuscany with the bartender and olives. Hell, I'll throw in an orange fountain pen and some Tweezerman tweezers. I'm there.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home