If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

13 August 2006

Sssshhhhhhh. I'm in my cave.



I've developed a rule of thumb: for every week I spend on the road, I need a full day to pull myself back together into some semblance of a responsible, polite, enjoyable-to-be-around adult human being. (I suspect this formula has a multiplier that increases with age.)

I zombied myself through ye-ole-day-job this past week. But this weekend finds me feeling all squashy and nesty. Cue the yoga pants, scrunchied hair, and comfy tank top. Primary ingredients:

* giant princess bed
* olive oil popcorn
* copious amounts of wine
* good DVDs and those two books I've been meaning to read
* cold pizza for breakfast

E.g., I will be spending the weekend generally doing nothing remotely responsible.

The world might be continuing to spin out there, but damned if I know.

Talk amongst yourselves.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like most of our weekends in college.

DaisyBoy

7:18 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

Ummmm, yeah. Well, SORTA like those weekends in college.

Minus... among other things, The Olive Garden Takeout. We're disturbingly shy on Olive Gardens around these parts.

-V.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home