If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

19 October 2005

Benvenuti ...

It's been a banner month, to say the least. While I've been dragging busloads of people across Europe, friends everywhere are bringing new lives into the world! (Last January/February must have been cold ...!) Many of you know that the idea of parenthood scares the hell out of me (well, admittedly, it probably does THEM, too.) I've said for many years that I think I was born without a maternal instinct; though I find myself awe-inspired and respectful and reverent and hopeful for the future of the world with these new souls in it. I am encouraged that these people I am honored to call friends are all willing to take on the awesome, all-important job of parenthood. For my part, I am content for the moment to make a great adopted "crazy auntie." Coincidentally, the three baby girls were all born to women who were in my wedding 9+ years ago. Wow, how time flies! A warm welcome to the world ("Benvenuti"!) to:

Lauren Victoria (to Jean & Dave, born Oct 4)
Audrey Rae (to Jennifer & Jon, born Sept 16)
Lucas John (to Ryan & Kim, born Sept 12)
(and belatedly, but none the less warmly) Violet Marie (to Amy & Sean, born March 22) and Jake "Little Man" (to Danielle and Shawn, February).

"May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home