If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

14 August 2006

Please, just make it stop

... that ker-thunk, ker-thunk, ker-thunk in my head.

... the feeling of wanting, desperately, to curl up in the fetal position.

... the magnetic SWOOSH closed move that my eyelids do about every 12 and a half minutes.

I am not normally a "whip up a pot of espresso at 7 pm at night" kinda gal. But desperate times do indeed call for desperate measures. I have a command performance at 8:30 for dinner, at my delightful and kind neighbors' home. Where they will regale me with stories of the long hot summer in the country, and I will be expected to respond in kind with humorous anecdotes about life in America.

Snap out of it, babe.
Your face won't look quite so ashen with a little lipstick.
And would a smile kill ya?
Tousle the hair.
Throw on the sexy ankle strap shoes (The Mom is right, perfect shoes DO make a girl feel better).
Amazing feats of adequate verb conjugation, here we come.

Cue the charming and witty expat.

If the espresso doesn't work, I'm switching to tequila and cocaine.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

espresso shot and sambuca chaser always puts balance back in my life.....

chin up!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Elle Starr said...

inagine the verb conjugating it would take to procure cocaine! Hope it all went well, I'm sure the food was worth the trouble.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

Elle: you were right, indeed, about the food: Seven (all fresh!) ingredients were whipped into three mindbendingly good courses; Italians are truly kitchen magicians. Instead of cocaine, after dinner she served the most-delicious-I've-ever-tasted homemade limoncello (made with lemons from Sorrento). Recipe will be forthcoming, I promise.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info mocha strap on Generic venlafaxine hci levaquin 500mg levofloxacin alfa romeo autocar Child laptop tech v norton antispam download crack Mls florida home

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home