If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

11 April 2006

"And they call it Puppy love..."

If I seem distracted lately, it's because I've fallen in love.

And, well -- we've been spending all sorts of time getting to know each other; hours staring at each other... me learning how to push his buttons.

His name is Blu. He's my new MacBook Pro (yes, with the Intel Core Duo Processor, she winks and says knowingly ...) As if I had any idea what that meant two weeks ago!

In keeping with my anthropomorphic tendencies, of COURSE it has a name. He is named in honor of the hair color of the "Genius" (that seriously was his job title!) who spent two-plus hours with me in the store getting Blu up and running, transferring files from 'that other machine.' For my personal Genius, the guy who held my hand through the early stages of the awkward transition from being a PC person, never once uttering a condescending word; my very first tourguide to the fantasyland that is MacWorld. His name, blue-haired-Genius-boy, was actually Scott, and Apple corporate is going to get a gushy letter praising him and, honestly, the entire 'switching' experience.

But it was his hair that was so striking. It was a visible symbol of everything that I switched to Mac to be: one of the cool kids. Someone on the cutting edge. Totally comfortable in uniqueness. Defying the masses. In on a secret. Confident and sexy in a catch-you-off-guard-quirky kind of way.

They DO say, you know, 'once you go Mac, you never go back.' I totally drank the koolaid, and I can't get enough. Oh, Blu, if loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right.

My Mac Blu. Yes, it's spring, and love is indeed in the air.

4 Comments:

Blogger NJH said...

It's so true. I went totally Mac after I fell head-over-heels in love with a little white box known as the iPod. Then, when his big sister iBook G4 joined our little family, it was as if life was complete. :-)

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My new amour is a little powerbook. I'll never go back!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love my ibook as I did my emac, Michael doesn't get it and gets upset when I buy another one! But I love it, oh mine doesn't have a name. I think I'll go for Grace. Linda B

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Viaggiatore. And Congratulations for your new toy. I really can understand you. I am one of the poor win users working with those boring massmarket machines. But on a Mac you can never use such great programs like MS ACCESS. So I will never have this sexy feeling :-(

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home