If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

16 September 2006

You didn't ask, but,

I'm the first to admit that my 'type' is usually* the clean-cut boy. (UBlend always teases me that he can spot my most-likely guy in a crowd when we're out together). It's the well-groomed, college-professor (usually bespectacled) type. It always has been. Without exception, all of my broken hearts have come from men who fit just that description. (*Well, except Johnny Depp, of course. But he's sort of enigmatic; simultaneously all types and none.)

But, especially here in Italy, I do have to concede that there's something, a certain je ne sais quoi about the slightly scruffy, brooding, motorcycle riding, longish and wild curly haired guy.

I just returned from the third trip to the vet this week (gravely sick farm cat). And he (the vet not the cat), coming in from the rain, shook off his wavy jet black hair and pulled it haphazardly back into a ponytail.

It does violate one of my major rules about men (he can't have prettier hair than me), but ... damn.

I'm just saying.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can!

BTW, there are reasons *we* have rules. No sectional = no men with prettier hair than you!

SMILE!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

UBlend: don't worry, I won't invite him for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. We *do* have rules.
xo, V.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had the prettier hair thing b/c mine is curly AND red and you can't beat that. But I did have my #1 dating rule: never date a man who has a butt smaller than your. Ever.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

OMG, Elle: If I played by your rules, I'd be single for eternity! ;>

PS: we never would have been friends as kids, I would have coveted your hair so much it would have made me hate you. Thank goodness we're grownups now and I can just envy you from afar.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must get rid of that rule. Had a cute Italian man with long, wavy black hair would have pulled it back after getting out of the rain........I would have thrown him on the examining table and ripped those wet chothes off of his body. The hell with the sick farm cat. Oh! Did I tell you I have a thing for Italian men? I must have been nearly orgasmic the entire time I was in Italy last year. -tallulah

11:41 PM  
Blogger Viaggiatore said...

Hey, Tallulah: now, now - who's saying I didn't? I mean, do you voyeurs get ALL the stories, all the time? Rules *do* get broken, you know...

ever-the-coy-one, V.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be still my depp-y little heart. it's all about the scruffy bad boy. if i were you, i'd start picking up stray cats.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home