If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

18 October 2006

Give me liberty or give me death

(I'll take Famous Quotes for 100, Alex.)

"I'll give you nothing before I'll give you crap."

Okay, okay,... point taken, Elle. And you're just saying what others were thinking: Yes, Nine days is a little much. It's sweet that you've noticed. In fact, I've thought of you often, all you eager readers out in blogville, and I've even come into the dashboard a few times and started typing, but was wholly devoid of inspiration. And so, my philosophy of the moment was born:

"I'll give you nothing before I'll give you crap"

It seems to explain a whole lot about my life right now, well beyond blogging.
Do it right or don't do it.
Put your whole heart into it, or walk away.

So, every now and again, you're probably going to be getting nothing for a while. And you'll like it.
Because I said so, that's why.

I'm doing this for your own good.
No, life isn't fair.
This hurts me more than it hurts you.

Wow. Who knew this blogging thing would be so much like parenthood?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is... your "crap" would be me on my very best day.

seeing as I will be dealing in actual crap for most of the immediate future, I would be happy to hear some of yours on whatever basis you see fit.
Love
Unassuming Princess

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Viaggiatore. This sounds suspiciously like a cop-out to me. Long blog dry spells and now you're telling us that if you can't give us you're best then you'll give us nothing? That's a load of crap and you know it. If you're bored with us, then just say so. If you're overworked and don't have time for this, then just say so. If you're crazy in love with some Italian guy who has swept you off your feet and you are spending all of your time gazing into his eyes, then just say so. But this " I'll give you nothing..." philosophy is beneath you.
A blog-deprived
-JillyBean

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little confused... Is blogging like newspaper or magazine publishing, with a required publication schedule? [Says who?] Or is it like a New Year's resolution where you promise to write "x" number of times per year and have to do penitence when you fail? [Push-ups? Days without food? x-number of words owed?] Or is like the hobby of gardening which, once you start it, your neighbors first come to gape at, and then have a right to report you to the HOA for slacking off? [That would be a $100 fine, thank you]. I don't *think* you're under contract.. at least not to me, because I've paid no "consideration." I don't *think* there are blogging "rules" to which you've ascribed, at least not as to frequency. So what's the griping? Take what you get, people.. and be thankful. You're entitled to NUTTIN'...

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home