If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

22 June 2005

Happy dance!

I'm BACK, and have really missed blogging for these past few weeks, tho it's been so crazy busy that I truly haven't had a spare moment.

Promise to post more later tonight, but just couldn't wait to share the FANTASTICALLY exciting news that my shipment of 'stuff' that's been floating in the atlantic for the past month or so arrived here this afternoon, about 2 hours after I returned to the house. Timing truly couldn't have been more perfect. Aside from the slightly creepy guys who delivered it, I'm very impressed with the 6 weeks door-to-door service for my 19 boxes of 'assorted life'. Yes, I'm already wondering what the hell is *in* those boxes, but that's another story. They're all stuck in the basement for the moment waiting for The Diplomat & Renaissance Artist to pack up *their* things, which will be later this summer.

Even better is that the shipment made it here without any certification from the city government (Comune) about my residency (which they SAID they needed but apparently really didn't)... so this is one more "CHECK" on my list of bureaucratic hoops to jump through. Wa-hoo! I feel so much better knowing it's all HERE.

Also on the 'dontcha just love it when a plan comes together' note, closing on the new condo in DC will be able to be scheduled when I'm back next month, which is truly grand news. I'll even get to camp out there for a few nights to say I lived in it before I rent it out for an obscene amount of $$$. Clearly, someone 'up there' is looking out for me, and I'm abjectly grateful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too missed your blogging! Bienvito (my weak attempt at Italian...I tweaked the spanish version)!!!

looking forward to reading more adventures of American girl moving to Italy.

virgin blogger :)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home