If not now, when?

One American woman. Twenty acres and a 1650 farmhouse in Tuscany. Random introspection and hilarity, depending on the day.

18 January 2006

Ode to Peperoncino

You are magical, peperoncino …
A very lovely spice!
When I add you to my pasta,
It tastes so very nice.

Tiny little red peppers
Served ‘intero,’ somewhat hot.
Though when crushed into tiny pieces
Intensify a lot!!

All good things in moderation,
So the saying goes …
And because I didn’t listen,
My tongue needs a fire hose.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my fav's, too. Just have to watch it. The next day, it's not so much one's tongue that's on fire but elsewhere! Yikes!!

9:01 PM  
Blogger NJH said...

Update! Update! *cries*

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still like on month two but thought you might only get comments here.
I am so enjoying your experiences, we're coming over to live in about a year. A really fab couple 56 and 57 cashing it in in ole So Cal and retiring, dropping out, no, actually beggining to live our life. I can't wait and you're only making it worse.
We've been married for thirty six years. We were in Italy for two weeks in Oct and LOVED IT. at EVERY TURN IN FIRENZE i WEPT AT THE BEAUTY. iTALY SPOKE TO US AND NOW WE'RE SPEAKING BACK, "ITALY, WE'RE COMING!" Opps sorry a litte crazy with caps there, too lazy to retype.
anyway, what do I have to do to get a name?
Thanks ever so much for great reading, Frances eat your heart out.
Jane

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home